IBS Lunch and Learns are hour-long presentations about one of the following topics:
SharePoint as a Business Productivity Tool
SharePoint solves real-world problems, and we’ve got real-world examples of how it has streamlined business processes. Hear stories of how SharePoint has helped people:
- Reduce support call times by 50%
- Easily find Standard Operating Procedures and other online manuals
- Turn paper forms into electronic forms with an automated workflow
Plus a whole slew of other productivity tools that we can showcase for you.
SharePoint from a Developer’s Perspective
Join us as we share our best practices around SharePoint 2013, 2016 and SharePoint Online. Topics covered center on:
- When to stray from out of the box solutions
- Why we love the REST API (and gotchas we’re encountered)
- A look at the new SharePoint Application Framework, and where that fits into best practices
How We Use Git to Improve Efficiency
Source Control is a must. As a consulting shop, we use our client’s source control tool when necessary and even setup TFS for some clients. When given the choice, we use Git. This session answers the question Why Git? Topics include:
- Comparing Git/GitHub, TFS, and Subversion
- A walk through of project setup to show how we get the most out of Git
The Pilgrimage to Angular 2 and Typescript
The journey begins with first seeing the light, why should we use Angular 2 and TypeScript for Single Page Applications. We then travel through component based development and dissect an Angular 2 app highlighting some of the differences between Angular 2 and Angular 1. Finally, we share some tips on how to shorten the learning curve to help everyone reach their Angular 2 nirvana.
What is ASP.NET Core? It is an open source web framework for building modern web applications that can be developed and run on Windows, Linux and Mac. It includes the MVC framework, which now combines the features of MVC and Web API into a single web programming framework. What will we discuss? The good, the bad and the ugly:
- What is it?
- How is it different?
- How to upgrade from the .Net Framework
- When and why you would want to
React vs Angular
- Why pick one over the other?
- What strengths and weaknesses to each bring to the table?
- When would we use one over the other?
These questions are answered for you as well as an overview of each of the frameworks.
Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of integrated cloud services that developers and IT professionals use to build, deploy, and manage applications through our global network of datacenters. In this session we focus on answering what is Azure and why use Azure. We will take deep dives into the following Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions Containers (Docker, Windows and Azure Container Service), Azure Web Apps and Azure API Apps
If you are interested in participating in an IBS Lunch and Learn, please fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible. We look forward to lunching and learning with you!