If you’re looking for the short answer, here it is: yes.
Even your big business, the one you created before the internet even existed and already has a loyal customer base, needs a mobile application.
Giving your customers the option to utilize your products/services on-the-go and to access functionality with only a few taps of their finger is essential to growing and maintaining your business. We live in age where speed and convenience are two key drivers in our decisions, and mobile apps meet both of these requirements.
Max Hornostaiev, CTO of a development company called Erminesoft, writes in an article titled “5 Ways App Development Benefits Small Business” that mobile applications are critical to small businesses because they:
- Increase visibility. Being available for your customers any day at time is crucial in a world where mobile usage is becoming more and more prevalent.
- Improve SEO ranking. Hornostaiev writes that “Google is starting to implement mobile-first indexing, which means the mobile versions of websites will be indexed instead of the desktop version.” Appearing in that first page of results will be next to impossible if your company has not taken advantage of the mobile market.
- Provide better customer service. Your customers can receive push notifications from your app, keeping them informed about special events and offers in real-time.
- Enhance brand awareness. Hornostaiev emphasizes that this is your opportunity to “tell the story of your brand and educate your users.” Be transparent and create an application with “relevant, useful and convenient features” and an “exclusive design with informative content.”
- Boost profit. An investment in a good mobile application is an investment in your business. Giving your customers a quick and convenient way to purchase your product/service is essential.
So—now that you’ve established that your business does indeed need to go mobile, how do you go about developing an application? Large businesses probably have their own IT department, staffed with developers who have the skills to create the app in-house; however, the team may not have the bandwidth to take on such a daunting project. Or maybe you only have a few employees in your entire company, none of whom know the first thing about application development.
Many companies look to outsource mobile app development, and companies like Interactive Business Systems (IBS) can provide a solution. We have development teams in Livonia, Michigan and Hyderabad, India who can create, maintain, or modernize custom applications for your business. Our developers work hand-in-hand with your business to determine what kind of mobile application solution will meet your requirements, increase your ROI, and better serve your customers.
Whether you’re a new startup or an international powerhouse, IBS’ skilled and experienced developers can provide a mobile solution that meets your company’s unique business requirements and objectives. To learn more about our processes and delivery models, visit our website or contact us today.